Support for QIP Processes
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Prospective Payment System or PPS includes an End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP) which pays facilities different amounts depending on the quality of care that they provide. The ESRD PPS has introduced an alphabet soup of acronyms - DFR, DFC, PSC, PSR, and the like.
QIP 3.0.0 (PSRs and PSCs)
The CMS system ESRD QIP 3.0.0 provides a portal for dialysis facility staff to access their performance score reports (PSRs) and performance score certificates (PSCs) and participate in the annual preview period.
Facilities must have a Point of Contact established through the EIDM/QARM Registration process to be able to submit clarification questions and formal inquiries. Facilities can also apply through QARM to have access to ESRD QIP 3.0.0 as a facility viewer, who can download and review the PSR but cannot submit clarification questions and formal inquiries.
DialysisData.org (DFRs and QDFCs)
http://www.DialysisData.org is the secure website for a facility to access their Dialysis Facility Reports (DFRs) and Quarterly Dialysis Facility Compare (QDFC) Preview.
Access to this website is updated annually by each facility’s local Master Account Holder (MAH). Facilities can update their Master Account Holder by completing the NWRN change request form and returning to the Network. Updated MAH passwords are sent annually.
- Master Account Holder Change Request Form
- Instructions for Setting Up Accounts for the Corporate Office of Your Dialysis Organization
- Technical Instructions for Accessing the Dialysis Facility Reports (DFR) and Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC) Reports
Other Supporting Materials
- At a Glance: QIP 3.0.0 vs. DialysisData.org
- Understanding the NHSN Dialysis Event BSI Standardized Infection Ratio
- Payment Year 2016 ESRD QIP Final Rule
- In-Center Hemodialysis Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (ICH CAHPS): ICH CAHPS information and resources
- CMS.gov website: Five-Star Rating System
Page updated December 17, 2018