COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
CDC has published guidance for dialysis facilities on dealing with COVID-19. We have these and additional resources below.
Comagine Health ESRD: Coping with Infectious Disease Outbreaks in the Dialysis Setting
Home Dialysis Central: How to Support Home Dialysis Patients During a Pandemic
CDC: CDC Guidance for COVID-19 in Hemodialysis Facilities
CDC: CDC Guidance for Healthcare Settings
NTDS: NTDS Coronavirus (Comprehensive list of resources, including all relevant CDC links)
SAMHSA: SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 800.985.5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
FEMA: Community Emergency Response Team Training: Disaster Psychology
CMS COVID-related survey/certification questions and waiver requests:
Specific 1135 waiver requests:
Western Consortium: Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and the Pacific Territories.
CMS COVID Local Healthcare Coalitions: Your local healthcare coalitions can help dialysis providers with needs such as a shortage of resources. Click on your state below for contact information.
- DaVita: 800.400.8331
- Fresenius: 800.626.1297
- Additional patient hotlines: click here.
KCER (Kidney Community Emergency Response) Coalition – www.kcercoalition.com
The Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Program provides technical assistance to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Networks to ensure timely and efficient disaster preparedness, response, and recovery for the kidney community. Also included on the site are resources for emergency management preparedness and response for individuals, patients, staff and organizations.
Disaster Planning Resources - Providers
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis (English)
- Prepárese para Emergencias: Una guia para personas en diálisis (Spanish)
- Patient Emergency Identification Card (PDF)
- Clamp & Disconnect: "How to Get Off a Dialysis Machine in an Emergency Evacuation" (PDF)
- Emergency Diet Plan
- 3 Day Emergency Diet Plan - Spanish
- Network's Role in an Emergency
- What Can Chronically Ill Patients Do to Brace for Natural Disasters?
If you can't read any of these documents – see http://www.nwrn.org/viewers for help.