We are Comagine Health ESRD Network 16 providing support and guidance to ESRD patients and dialysis facilities in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington through grievance investigations, quality improvement technical assistance, data management, emergency management support and education for the patients and providers in our service area. Network 16 supports the Advancing American Kidney Health nationwide initiatives that include:
- Reducing the number of Americans developing end-stage renal disease by 25 percent by 2030
- Having 80 percent of new ESRD patients in 2025 either receiving dialysis at home or receiving a transplant
- Doubling the number of kidneys available for transplant by 2030
Who are we?
Network 16 is one of 18 Networks under contract with CMS to work collaboratively with dialysis professionals, providers and patients to improve patient care. According to Title XVIII Section 1881 of the Social Security Act requires each Network Organization of each network be responsible for:
- Encouraging, consistent with sound medical practice, the use of the treatment settings most compatible with the successful rehabilitation of the patient and the participation of patients, providers of services, and renal disease facilities in vocational rehabilitation programs;
- Developing criteria and standards relating to the quality and appropriateness of patient care and with respect to working with patients, facilities, and providers in encouraging participation in vocational rehabilitation programs; and network goals with respect to the placement of patients in self-care settings and undergoing or preparing for transplantation;
- Evaluating the procedure by which facilities and providers in the Network assess the appropriateness of patients for proposed treatment modalities;
- Implementing a procedure for evaluating and resolving patient grievances;
- Conducting on-site reviews of facilities and providers as necessary, utilizing standards of care established by the Network Organization to assure proper medical care;
Network 16 operates in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.
News and Events
To receive an email notice every time News and Events is updated, sign up for the Network 16 blog: go to esrdbulletins, click on the “Follow” button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, and enter your email address. We do not use these email addresses for any other purpose, and we do not share them.
Find a list of Events for Patients.
Find a list of Events and Deadlines for Professional Staff.
We do not collect any information about you when you visit our site. If you have a grievance about dialysis or transplant care, please refer to our Grievance Protocol Summary for details about the confidentiality and privacy of grievances.
For information about the availability of auxiliary aids and services for people with disabilities, please visit The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Notice of Nondiscrimination and Notice of Availability of Auxiliary Aids & Services.
For alternative formats of Network materials, please see Americans with Disabilities Act on the Network 16 blog.
Please Contact Us if you find this site useful, if you have ideas for improving it, or if you find a broken link, typo, or other problem.
Updated December 27, 2019